Across all the different variety of events that exists, such as Dinner & Dance (D&D), Conferences, Seminars, Wedding Banquets, Product Launches, Opening Ceremonies, Roadshows etc, one of the more essential roles required will be the Master of Ceremonies (Emcee). However, many a times, cost can be an issue when organising an event, hence engaging a professional emcee might not be a consideration for the event organiser.
As such, most companies will opt to appoint their own employee to take on the role of the emcee, or in the case of a wedding banquet, either a close friend or the liveband singer will double up as the emcee. This method provides the most bare minimum service an emcee should be doing and won’t be the ideal of course. A professional emcee, although comes with a cost, will definitely bring about a huge difference in terms of the event flow, participants’ experience, as well as the organiser’s experience when planning for the event.
Here’s 7 reasons why you should considering engaging a professional emcee for your next event:
- Everyone, such as speakers, entertainers and activities will be properly introduced to attendees and guests at your event
- Participants and everyone present at the event will be kept well informed of key details due to the emcee’s ability to attract and hold their attention
- Emcees are also experienced in hosting many relevant events hence their adaptability, anecdotes and humor/jokes will definitely keep the crowd engaged and entertained
- The event will be well organised and segments will flow smoothly with the emcee managing the time and sequence of activities professionally
- The atmosphere of the entire event will be kept upbeat and directed so that the organiser’s objectives for the event are met
- The event will be well guided by a professional emcee’s experience
- The emcee will be able to host the event accordingly and at a much effective manner compared to utilising someone internally
Can you think of any other reasons why emcees should be given the credit and attention they deserve? If you are considering engaging professional emcees, or would like to get in touch with them to speak about your event, head on down to the Directory for contact information and reviews!